Monday, June 19, 2006

Publication Day

Today is the day of the Publicist. The day where members of this elite group get to kick back and bask in their own glory. I had dreams about this day, and what I would say on this day. At first I was going to use all kinds of bold analogies. One's that made claim that we are the rock, the shoulder and the backbone. That we do not for glory, but for the hope of a smile from a young star. I was going to use pictures like these:



To give example of how there have been representation of Publicists in film.

But as this day progressed and I thought more about it I became a tad more humble. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was able to spend the whole day with my star and his Agent and I began to realize that it's not about the world being lucky that there are Publicist, but that the Publicist are the lucky ones. That we get to share in the glory. That we get to participate is worth any kind of hardship or stress that we may battle throughout our day in and day out routine. Everything is worth it when a star smiles and when a star laughs it makes this Publicist stronger. No matter how tired we get, no matter how hard the day seems I can now speak from experience when I say it's worth it.

"You will travel far. But we will never leave you... the richness of our lives shall be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel... all this, and more... I bequeath you, my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, and see my life through your own eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father, and the father the son. This is all I can send you. - Jor-el

If your a Publicist, I hope you enjoyed your day, I know I did mine.

No comments: