Thursday, August 26, 2010

OK, Seriously, let's talk about this.


So, you may want to sit down on for this one. It's pretty heavy. Ok, I'm just going to say it. Star Wars is coming out in Blu-Ray. Don't laugh, this is a big deal and it's stressing me out.
"Henry, don't be stressed, it's all good, you can see the classic stories now in greater detail and quality than ever. You should be happy." You say. And yes, I agree, I should be, but I'm not.
No, it's not the obvious "Solo shot first" or the way uneeded added shots of the Falcon flying, I mean seriously, how many transition shots do you need? The answer is one, not three, one. It doesn't have anything to do with the "wow, that's CG" reaction. It doesn't have anything to do with a hoth creature that doesn't look anything like the hoth creature that is the same creature that just attacked look and I'm not going to even go into the whole acter that played Anikin thing.
I've bought these movies 6 times! Let's count the ways. Purchase time 1) Original first time VHS 2)Rerelease of Original VHS 3) Special edition VHS Pan and Scan 4) Special Edition Letterboxed VHS 5) Original Version Japanese Import Lettered Laser disk (yes I said laserdisk) 6) Special Edition DVD with included Original Version (which is totally bogus by the way). In adjusted dollars for inflation that's like 247 thousand dollars and that doesn't even add in the 47 times in total I've seen it in the theater one way or another.
So do you really expect me to spend another cent on this? Well, of course I'm going to, and I'll watch it and enjoy it and say things like "Wow, I can read the serial number on Luke's X-wing" and "Chewie's hair detail is awesome, especially in Jedi when he's got that 80's hair dryer blown look" but beyond that, I am going to complain the whole time.
Except when the AT-AT's attack on Hoth and Luke and Wedge make an attack run. I bet the snow detail is awesome. Oh and how about the Taun-taun guts when Han grabs Luke's LightSabor to slices him open, man I bet that's going to look AWESOME.

Anyway,
um......
yeah
Who's Scruffy Looking?

Henry Out

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

ah the hilarity in the truth of it :-)