Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Television is a medium

Publicist here,
Sometimes at night I sit and veg out before crashing. Within those moments I have been known to sit infront of the television, turn my brain off and, well, nothing. This is the point where I am supposed to say;"I like to watch the history channel because I am fascinated with the relationship between ancient glyphic symbolism and mankinds obscenssion with putting bacon on everything they eat." The truth of the matter is that I usually end up flipping between the cartoon network and boomerang. A steady diet of Family Guy, Justice League and Thundar the Barbarian should give you a pretty good idea of where my interests live.

One my way to Spider-Man and his Amazing friends I stopped by Mtv. There I witnessed the end of days. It was titled Paris Hilton's BFF. A reality show where Paris Hilton does a reality show ala, the bachelor, next top model, or pick any other name of any reality show and you get the drift. That doesn't even matter. I didn't watch more than five minutes and I realize that I am a dumber person now than before I happened upon this abomination.

Television is a medium, neither rare or well done.

If I had a sledge hammer I would give myself penance with it. If I had a time machine I would go back and stop myself from being born to maximize the possibility that I could avoid this most grevious and unforgivable error of channel surf.

There are things that once seen, cannot be unscene. Learn from my mistakes. It's not worth it.

Let us never speak of this again.

No comments: