Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Regarding Henry



Henry's editorial.
Greetings to all. First, I feel compelled to thank you all for giving
me
such support. I am sure that I am well on my way to being terribly
spoiled and am now concentrating my efforts on larger global issues
such
as gripping or focusing. But I digress, for those in which I am
unacquainted, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Henry. I don't
often find the time to write this fan site as much as I know I should,
but I do read it often and try to answer as much fan mail as my busy
schedule allows. My publicist, (we call him dad around the office) is a
very capable, and on a whole a kind fellow that I have found has grown
into his role of lackey fairly nicely in the past near 3 months.
I have no doubt that since I've let that slip he will be asking for a
raise.
There are some things I do find worthy of my time and effort and this
would be one such occasion. Namely the birthday of my grandma T. I can
honestly say that I have had the privilege of knowing her my entire
life
and would gladly allow her to change my diaper. That reminds me of a
funny story. Once, gosh, it had to be about half my life time ago, so
the details are a little fuzzy. Anyway, Grandma T was visiting, making
sure my publicist and my agent (around the water cooler another office
nickname has arisen, mom ) are keeping in line and doing what ever I
say. Well, Grandma had served a wonderful bottle of milk and for
giggles
I thought it would be just hilarious if I regurgitated everything I ate
all over her jogging suit.
Oh God, excuse me, oh, I'm having a hard time writing here, I'm
laughing
so hard. Could I get a smaller keyboard? I swear you adults with your
lobster claw fingers, how do get anything done with those appendages.
Anyway I guess you had to be there.
Grandma T, thank you for helping keep my publicist in line. He's slow
but means well. HA! And thank you for all the little things that you
have done, really, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. Happy
birthday, enjoy your day and visit anytime. I've alerted the staff to
always put your calls through so feel free if you ever want to talk.
I'm
a great listener.

On a final note all I can say is, be good to your grandma's. They
aren't
afraid to get up in the early morning and feed you and in this day and
age, that's a commodity that is rare and coveted.

Oh yes, I promise to address my publisist inability to spell. Sometimes he's less than useless.

I leave you with the words of my friend Wolfgang Amadeus
“My great-grandfather used to say to his wife, my great-*grandmother*,
who in turn told her daughter, my *grandmother*, who repeated it to her
daughter, my mother, who used to remind her daughter, my own sister,
that to talk well and eloquently was a very great art, but that an
equally great one was to know the right moment to stop.

Happy Birthday Grandma
Henry LGT

No comments: